Good Night Yoga: A Pose-by-Pose Bedtime Story
- Bedtime book of yoga poses for preparing for sleep
- Encourages gross motor skills, calmness, mental and physical well-being
- A beautiful way to transition from awake to sleep
- Features calming flow of yoga posture illustrations and instructions among story of the Earth preparing for sleep
- Learn techniques for self-soothing, relaxing the body and mind, focusing attention, and more
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book tells the story of the natural world as it closes down for the night, while teaching children a simple flow of yoga postures inspired by their favorite characters from nature. Moving from “Sun Breath” to “Cloud Gathering” to “Ladybug & Butterfly” and more, readers learn techniques for self-soothing, relaxing the body and mind, focusing attention, and other skills that will support restful sleep and improve overall confidence and well-being.
- North Point Press
A clear, concise guidebook to the essentials of yogic thought and practice
Many people think yoga simply means postures and breathing. Not true. The intention of this short guide is practical and straightforward: to say what yoga really is and to apply its principles to everyday life. It leads us through the eight-limbed system, a coherent framework that has been handed down and elaborated upon for thousands of years and consists of five “outer limbs,” which pertain to our experience of the social world and the operation of our senses, and three “inner limbs,” which focus on the mind. Stuart Ray Sarbacker and Kevin Kimple present the eight-limbed system as something that can be turned to again and again to deepen and expand understanding and practice. As an introduction and overview to the essence of yoga, The Eight Limbs of Yoga is unparalleled for clarity, usefulness, and concision.